If you are like me, you have a number of these pens that seem to be full but don’t work because the tips are clogged. Well I finally got fed up and decided to try to take one of the tips apart…and yes, I fix my sewing machines too. So after a bit of trial and error I found the solution….ENJOY.
- Unscrew the tip – take a pliers and turn the chrome tip to the left. As my husband taught me –“righty tighty, lefty loosey”. It will come out.
- Pull the clogged part carefully out of the outer tip cover (A)
- These parts are VERY small so be careful not to lose any.
- Soak in nail polish remover – it will soften the white ink and make it easier to remove.
- Carefully pull the interior TIP (B) out of the coil spring (C).
- Use a pin or needle to clean out all the parts.
REASSEMBLE ONCE ALL THE PARTS ARE CLEAN.
Carefully reinsert the pin tip (B) into the spring (C) and push into the outer tip cover (A).
Screw the assembled tip back into the pen – be sure to clean off the top of the pen before reinserting.
Screw all the way in until the pin tip (B) emerges from the chrome tip cover. Press down on the tip while squeezing the pen to get the ink to flow again through the tip.
BE SURE TO ALWAYS CLEAN THE TIP OFF AFTER USE AND PUT THE CAP BACK ON.
Check my other pages on this blog for fashion drawing templates, e-books, and videos resources.