- Preliminary drawing on tracing paper or temp. layer if using Photoshop.
- Skin tone first – all shading complete using marker.
- Bottom sheer layer first – use marker and colorless blender. In Photoshop, use airbrush, and set opacity from 20% – 30% depending on transparency of fabric.
- Pink slip in this illustration is silk charmeuse and so is rather opaque. the yellow jacket is organza and is sheer. The light pink skirt added to bottom of slip is chiffon.
- White pencil is used to add subtle highlights to layers. Also to create a gauzy, barrier effect between layers. In Photoshop set opacity of white layer to 30% and use airbrush.
- Work from light to dark adding layers in the order they are on the actual outfit.
- At the end use white gel pen to create white or light color lace, black fine point marker to create black lace.
- Use black pencil to indicate seams, fine details, and to hold edges of shapes,
The illustration below shows the complete progression from first sketch to final rendering.