This is for my students at Art Center College of Design, Product Design Dept. If you want to know how to transform a regular separating zipper into a double headed zipper so you can use it to make backpacks and such…read on. This zipper will open IN THE MIDDLE.
This was figured out by one of my talented students, Andrew Lee. You will need TWO matching zipper heads to do this. Get the second from another zipper.
1. Remove the stopper from the top of the zipper and trim the Triangle piece down with an x-acto knife so it is flat. Remove the zipper head from that end. Zipper should remain CLOSED.
3. Feed first head – Facing so zipper opens to separating end
4. Feed second head – Facing opposite direction.
5. Zipper should remain closed behind second head
6. COMPLETED ZIPPER – Zippers should open in the center as heads are pulled apart.